Social Icons

Saturday, September 13, 2014

New Christmas Tree

It's early September and Christmas is only 102 days away.  I know that doesn't justify that I just purchased a new tree this early but I did it anyways. There are a couple reason's I didn't want to wait. First I looked last year and every tree I liked was either out of stock or a couple hundred dollars by the time Christmas rolled around. and secondly I'm just an impatient guy.

I am not one of those holiday fanatics who decorates their house top to bottom and buys the scented air fresheners that smell like a real tree but I do enjoy a beautifully decorated tree with the twinkle of the lights on the ornaments.

Tree's take up a lot of space though and when you live in a condo you find space is a premium. Most standard 7 foot tree's flare to roughly 50-60 inches at the base. That is just too much space to loose so I opted to buy a smaller tree. My old tree was beautiful but at a tiny 3.5 feet is was pretty scrawny.

I have collected and been gifted a fair number of kitchen & food related ornaments over the past few years working at Sur La Table and I really wanted to have a tree that was big enough to impress but appropriate in size for my space.

I decided what I needed was a pencil style tree. The big box stores like Home Depot had some on their websites but the branches looked fake and cheap when close-ups.  I don't want to put all those expensive hand blown ornaments on a cheapo tree.

After doing some research I found the perfect tree. It is a Kingswood Fir Pencil Tree by National Tree Company. It stand at a proud 7.5" and has a girth of only 29" which is manageable. The number of reviews discussing the realness of the tree put me at ease. Today it arrived and like any impatient person I couldn't wait to get it out of the box.

It certainly didn't disappoint and it took all of me not to pull out the ornaments and get it decorated already. I promised myself I would wait until the day after Thanksgiving to actually decorate the tree. Hopefully I will have enough ornaments to fully decorate the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment