Social Icons

Saturday, July 26, 2014

2014 Doug Flutie 5K Training (Week 1)

Last year I couldn't run the Doug Flutie 5K because I was traveling. This year I will run it for the second time. With only 71 day's left to get ready I figured I better put my sneakers on and get moving.

There are a lot of training guides to help you prepare for a 5K like  this one. I am going to see how I feel today after I try to run 1 mile and then try to tailor my schedule to that. I plan to make weekly updates of my progress in the chart below. I work out Tuesday's and Thursday's at work doing the Bravo Ignite so I will need to factor that into my schedule

I would love to beat my previous 5k time of 31:12. I'd also like to keep up with Dan who only beat my by a few minutes last time.


 SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
7/20OffOffBravoOffBravo1.4milesOff
7/27RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
8/3RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
8/10RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
8/17RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
8/24RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
8/31RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
9/7RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
9/14RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
9/21RUNOffBravoRUNBravoRUNOff
9/28RUNOffBravoOffRUNOffOff
D o u g   F l u t i e   5 K  R a c e   D a y  O c t o b e r   5 t h ,   2 0 1 4

Wish me luck. After all it is for a great cause; fighting autism and supporting a great charity. For more information visit the Doug Flutie Foundation, or Doug Flutie 5k Info and Sign-up page

7/22: Bravo Workout: 12 stations, 2 cycles. 30s work and 20s rest x2 per cycle. Tricep Pull, Battle Ropes, Chest Press, Planks, Row, UBE, Military Press, Air Bike, Trunk Flexion, Overhead Lunges, Abs Side to Side w/Medicine Ball, Wall Balls.

7/24: Bravo Workout: 12 stations, 2 cycles. 30s work and 20s rest x2 per cycle. Tricep Pull, Battle Ropes, Chest Press, Planks, Row, UBE, Military Press, Air Bike, Trunk Flexion, Overhead Lunges, Abs Side to Side w/Medicine Ball, Wall Balls.

7/25: 1.42 miles in 13:11. Avg/Mi 9:17. It was a good run. I felt pretty good and ran a full mile before walking for a few. I didn't walk for long and finished off the last 1/3 with a good pace. If I can run a full 5k at that pace I will already beat my time from the last race.

Week 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Race Day

No comments:

Post a Comment