Social Icons

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Task 9 – Scarborough State Beach

(09) Visit 5 new beaches. (2/5)

Beach:      Scarborough State Beach
Location:  Narragansett, RI 02882
Rating:      3 - Stars


With the sun shinning and the temperature climbing it was a perfect day to enjoy sand between my toes at Scarborough State Beach in Narragansett, RI. We arrived at 2:00pm and paid the outrageous fee of 14$ per person before parking which was a breeze. The beach didn't seem to be overly crowded and after a short walk we found a spot to layout some blankets. Not really having much of a base tan and burning easily I set a timer for 20 minutes to remind me to turn over in case the warmth of the sun put me to sleep.

I had nearly dozed off when the sound of a rowdy couple who had apparently at some point layed out there towels near us disturbed me. "Muthafucka, don't eat all my cookies" a portly black man barked at his easily equal sized female companion as he kicked sand in her face. What a gentleman. She then replied "You got it on my face fatty" to which this foul beast replied "I always get it on yur face bitch"

That was the end of our peace and quiet as their antics and disgusting display of affection nearly made me throw up. I decided to take a walk down the beach to avoid any more of that nasty behavior.The beach was beautiful and the sand was soft. As we walked along the water the cool ocean refreshingly washed over our feet.



After a nice long walk to the end we headed back to our towels and thankfully those beached land orca's didn't stay too long after we returned but left behind their trash. Maybe that is why it cost 14$ a person to enjoy the beach.

We stayed for about an hour more and by then the beach crowds had thinned considerably with the sun starting to go down. We packed up our towels and blankets and ended a nice day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment