Social Icons

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Task 30 – Nudo Gelateria

(30) Eat in 10 New Restaurants (13/20)

Restaurant:
Nudo Gelateria

Website:      http://www.getnudo.com/

Original Rating: 3-Stars
Updated Rating: 4-Stars


I have walked by Nudo many times but hadn’t stopped by until recently.
The store front is modern and trendy and it’s obvious they wanted to create an upscale alternative in the neighborhood.  The interior is fresh, clean and bright but limited space for customer’s to enjoy their food. 
I was presently surprised with the great selection of flavors, over 20. The flavors include lemon, coconut, cappuccino, stracciatella, hazelnut, raspberry, pistachio, nudo and zabrione, just to name a few.  I noticed that they also serve panini’s and salads.  I only tried the Gellato during this visit and sampled several of the unusual flavors before settling on zabrione. It was very refreshing and that’s a challenge when this rich flavor tasted like eggnog.  
The three size offerings are too close to each other given the difference in price.  They should maybe offer only two sizes, small and large.  I would also suggest they not just fill the cup to the top and stop but give a little extra with the pricing as it is. People want to feel they are getting a good value and not an exact measurement. Charging extra for sprinkles (jimmies) and whip cream is a bit nickel and dime and not worth the extra money.
Will I go back? Sure because the gelato was very good and I likes the more up-scale environment but I am not sure with the limited menu offerings and steep pricing that they will make it through a long cold winter.  It should be two stars but I give it three stars because of the great potential! Hopefully they can perfect their menu, pricing and increase their offerings.
 



**** UPDATE 7/31 ****
Today I returned to Nudo for some gellato and was served by the owner a portion that was overflowing the cup it was served in.  I definitely felt I was served a portion that warrented the steep price. He also was much more friendly then the previous person and offered me many samples of the unique flavors and made recommendations on what to try. I was not only impressed with him but the improvements from our previous visit. I am upgrading the rating from three stars to four.


No comments:

Post a Comment