Social Icons

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Juicing My Way to a Healthy Me

I sell juicers often while working at my part time job and one of the bonus items customers get with the Breville juicers is the movie Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Intrigued I watched it on Netflix and watched Joe the Juicer transform his life and become healthier through juicing.

Joe Cross better known now as Joe the Juicer stared is an Australian film maker who finds himself overweight at nearly 310lbs and battling a debilitating autoimmune disorder. Realizing that the doctor he was seeing and medication  he was taking was only treating his symptoms he found himself having to take a more active roll in getting healthy. To gain control of his life and failing health he decided to focus on a better diet.  The movie / documentary chronicles this battle during a cross country trek where he engages with every day Americans in discussions about health and obesity. His challenge to himself was a 60-day juice challenge and while driving cross country he used a generator, his juicer, and fresh produce he purchased along the way to sustain his dietary needs. As the story was told you could really see a transformation in his physical appearance. He literally was shedding the pounds.

While I wouldn't describe myself as overweight my BMI is hovering at 26 so technically speaking I would be considered overweight but just barely. His story inspired me to buy a juicer myself and see what juicing could do for me. I recently purchased a Breville Juice Fountain Elite.

I am going to start with the 3-Day Challenge I pulled off Joe the Juicer's website "Reboot with Joe". I figured it can't hurt to give it a try and maybe it will help me shed a few pounds before Hawaii. I am going to start on Wednesday since I have too much going on this weekend and a busy start of the week and don't want to stray from the guide. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Some people who have done it have noted that they got a tad cranky and were more irritable. Hopefully I won't be too cranky or irritable as a result of this juicing challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment