Social Icons

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

VW GTI Car Trouble Update

Finally today I got my car back. Its been almost nearly 3 weeks since the process started but I am pleased with the end result and even more happy that I found a mechanic that knows his stuff and isn't out to fleece his customers.

So finally list of items repaired. New engine, thermostat, and starter. I got a used motor rather then a new out of the box since replacing the motor doesn't effect the odometer reading of the car. The thermostat and starter while not related to the problem were replaced since they were almost due and it was easier to take car of it all while the engine was reassembled and put back in.

I won't go into too much detail since I want to run the car for a few weeks to make sure everything is perfect but so far so good "Knocking on wood".

No comments:

Post a Comment