Social Icons

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Task 92 - Central Rock Gym

Task (92) Go Rock Climbing (2/5)

Gym: Central Rock Gym
299 Barber Street
Worcester, MA 01606
(508) 852-7625

Rating: 3-Stars

This trip to Central Rock Gym in Worcester wasn't as good an experience as I have had in the past. They had closed down the main climbing tower while we were there without any notice.  One of the staff members actually yelled at my brother when he went over to read the notice they suddenly posted and told him the tower was "Off Limits". 

When I inquired they told me I should have checked their website as it was posted there that the tower would be closed to prep for a competition the following day.

Not happy with that response I continued to let the worthless manager know I was not a happy customer. Thankfully the facilities manager responsible for all of Central Rock Gym's wall's over heard my dissatisfaction and came over to assist. He agreed that they could have and should have done a better job communicating to the customer about the closure.

I totally understood why they needed to close it but if you are going to close 1/3 of a facility and it is the 1/3 that has the most challenging climbs you need to let your customer's know. Thankfully Shane stepped up and took care of the problem by issuing us a free day pass to come back and enjoy the walls another day. I wasn't even really looking for anything free I was more looking for acknowledgement that they didn't do a good job communicating to their customers.

Here are some good pics of me climbing the wall and one cool video showing a from the bottom perspective.



No comments:

Post a Comment