Social Icons

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Task 30 – Francesca’s Pizzeria (Newton, MA)

(30) Eat in 10 New Restaurants (36/20)

Restaurant: Francesca’s Pizzeria
Location:     203 Adams St

                    
Newton, MA 02458                     (617) 244-8314


Rating:         4-stars

Every time I am near Francesca Pizzeria on Adam’s Street in the summer you can smell the fantastic food in the air. I finally decided to check it out since my friends who live in the area are moving and there isn’t really anything in Nonantum worth a trip for.

When we entered it was clear that this is a family owned and operated establishment. My experience has told me that family restaurants can be amazing or a complete train wreck. There were very few poeple there and I’ll admit I was a bit cautious.  Francesca’s didn’t disappoint however. We decided to try their pesto pizza made with olive oil, pine nuts, mozzarella, basil, parmesan and Romano cheeses. Just the smell when it arrived at the table made my mouth water. The crust was perfectly crispy, light and flavorful and the pesto was as good as anything homemade.

Our waitress was friendly and accommodating and checked on us just enough to keep us happy without being a pest. She offered many suggestions on what to try and made us feel like part of the family. The interior is dated and could use some improvement but it was clean and neat. The tables were a little close together and when it filled up it was a bit difficult to navigate our way to the door but with food this good you expect to have a crowd.

I can’t wait to try something different next time and will be back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment