Social Icons

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Destination China

Travel is a great way to reward an individual’s curiosities as it affords the traveler the luxury of experiencing wonderful new things and expanding their memories. Often even mundane activities are brought to life as if for the very first time.  With my unquenchable thirst to explore I couldn’t be more excited having booked a trip to what will be my 30th country, China!

I am looking forward to visiting some of the wonderful locations that make China a travelers dream. I am going to walk along the Great Wall built before the birth of Christ and stretching over 13,000 miles. Admire the 7,000 terracotta soldiers, horses and chariots buried with the first Emperor of China. Explore the world’s largest palace complex known as the Forbidden City which served as the home to 24 different emperors. Travel along the Huang Pu River in the City of Shanghai in one of their famous river boats. Enjoy the serenity of the Grand Canal, the longest canal in the world, in the city of Suzhou knows as the ‘Venice of the Orient’.

It’s going to be a jam packed always on the go trip with just 10 days to complete. I will also manage to log over 16,214 air miles along the way. It will be my second longest distance travel in a single trip. Second only to my trip to South Africa where I logged over 19,000 air miles.

I will update you on my plans and all the necessary todo's before I go. I already completed the VISA Application. I just need everyone else to complete theirs and then its a trip down to NYC and the Chinese Embassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment