Social Icons

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Class A - License to Carry

As some of you may remember I began the process of getting my Class A License to Carry over a year ago. My adventure began after visiting a co-workers sportsman’s club where he officiates as the club safety officer. I took aim on the shooting range under his guidance and did exceptionally well with each of the 5 guns he had my try.

With the majority of my family already having their license I decided it was time for me to get mine. I started checking into what I needed to do to get it and I learned from another coworker that the process requires a few prerequisites before applying. As it turns out he was running the required NRA gun safety course at his sportsman’s club and suggested I enroll.

The 2-day class wrapped up the day before my birthday a year ago.  Since then I will admit it wasn’t a priority of mine to finish the process and I let the quest go idle. With renewed vigor this year I completed and submitted my application in mid-March. The waiting period in the City of Worcester is 2 months from submission to find out if your application was approved.

Waiting until Memorial Day as requested I called first thing and got the good news. Excited I swung down to the Police headquarters before heading into work to pick up my new license. Knowing exactly which gun I plan to purchase I have already ordered a new biometric gun safe and all the tools and equipment to keep it safe and in perfect operational condition.

With an expensive trip to China looming on the horizon I'll update you as soon as the budget allows the purchase of a firearm.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to carry your firearm in different states of USA then you have to get a license in MA,UT,FL,NH,ME and CT. If you apply for all 6 permits you will become eligible to carry in 39 states. Check out MA Firearms School for more information.

    ReplyDelete