Social Icons

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Task 30 - No Name Restaurant

In a city which made a name for itself as the birthplace of the American Revolution is an institution with no name. Located in the revitalized seaport district of Boston is the oldest restaurant in Boston known only as the No Name Restaurant. 

Opened in 1917 as a diner catering to the local fishermen working on the pier it now caters to tourists more than locals. It has become a must see for visitors to our city and its rustic well-worn interior and lobster eating instructional placemats add to an experience they won’t forget. 

Its dining room spans the width of the building and has limited premium water view seats overlooking Boston harbor. While the view is spectacular the food is really the winner here. While reviewing the menu we snacked on some homemade garlic bread. Having been before I know their famous Fish Chowda is worth every bite and decided it was a must have.

When their famous fish chowda arrived at the table I knew I made a good choice. The broth was creamy but not heavy. The fish was abundant and tender. It was as I had remembered it, Perfect!

For my entrée I picked the broiled scallops. The seafood is prepared minimally, with most items offered broiled, baked or fried. My scallops were garnished with just a lemon and came with a side of French fries. They were perfectly cooked and very flavorful. I’ll admit that I maybe got more food then I should have and struggled to down it all. 

As a whole the meal was excellent but if I had to pick a favorite it would have been the chowda and if I needed to pick something that could be improved it would be the French fries. 

You pay as you leave at the front desk and the gentleman on duty was polite and interested in our experience. It is the kind of place you go back to knowing you’ll never have a bad experience 

No comments:

Post a Comment