Social Icons

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Home Decorating: Beetle Art

Anyone who has ever been to my home knows that I have an eclectic sense of décor. While most items have been accumulated while traveling and represent some memory of a fantastic vacation to some far away place some items just strike my fancy. Today I added three new pieces to my eccentric collection. Their names are Chip, Chaz, and Charlie and they are three ceramic and metal beetles.

I first saw these unusual beetles hanging in a grid-like pattern at Arhaus Furniture in the spring. While I admired their quirky appearance their $49 a piece price tag left me less eager to have them join my collection. On an off chance I visited recently with a friend and found that they were marking down floor samples and clearance items in preparation for their annual warehouse sale. As luck would have it these ceramic and metal beetles were included in that sale and marked down to a more modest and reasonable $12 each. 

At that price it was worth a gamble to see if they might fit a spot on my wall I have long found challenging to fill. I hung them vertically and am happy with how they fill the space. It also added another unusual element in keeping with my eclectic personality. 

While I am enjoying the new pieces I have to stop purchasing things since I am out of room both on the walls or packed away in storage for a later date when I have more walls to hang things in a bigger home.

No comments:

Post a Comment