Social Icons

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Task(54) – Make a Key Lime Pie from Scratch

(54) – Make a Key Lime Pie from Scratch

While I was at Market Basket getting fruit for some smoothies last weekend I found some real key limes. Having found real key limes made me crave a slice of key lime pie, so I picked up a bag and the rest of the ingredients to whip up my favorite dessert.

The recipe is super easy and it takes just a few ingredients. The shopping list is as follows:

1 (14 Ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup key lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
2 egg yolks
1 egg
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
2 egg whites
4 tablespoons white sugar


Step 1: In a medium bowl, blend together condensed milk, lime juice and zest. Mix in Egg yolks and whole egg. Pour mixture into crust, then cover and refrigerate.

Step 2: Preheat oven to 350˚ F 

Step 3: To make Meringue: In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until whites form stiff peaks. Spread meringue over pie, covering completely.

Step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Chill before serving.

Sadly the pictures don’t show how good it tasted. In fact the whole pie is already gone. I did share it with my brother while he was over.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment