Social Icons

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Task 80 & 82 - Mama Louise's Chicken Piccata

(80) Make Someone Special Dinner
(82) Try 10 New Recipes
Recipe: Mama Louise's Chicken Piccata

Last night in honor of Valentines Day I decided to make dinner for someone special to me. I chose one my mom's best recipes for the occasion and took the opportunity to take pictures of the whole process to share here on my blog.

The recipe is very easy and it takes roughly 1 hour from start to finish to make the meal. The shopping list is as follows:
  • 4 halves chicken breasts, skinned and boned
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons real lemon juice from concentrate, divided
  • 1 lemon sliced thin
  • ¼ -  cup sifted flour
  • 2 tablespoons capers.
  • teaspoon garlic powder
  • teaspoon paprika
  • ¼ cup margarine or butter
  • 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon cubes
  • ½ cup boiling water
  • 2 servings of angel hair pasta 
So timing is everything and where I have the most trouble when I cook big meals. Last night I managed to get everything timed perfectly and I attribute that to having laid out everything I would need to cook tonight.

Step 1: Tenderize the Chicken. Before tenderizing the chicken I trimmed away any residual fat from the meat. Once I was satisfied I using the textured side of the meat tenderizer I pounded the chicken on both sides. 

Step 2: In a medium bowl beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of from concentrate lemon juice.

Step 3: Using a mandoline cut lemon into thin slices.

Step 4: In a different medium bowl mix flour, garlic powder, and paprika. (prep for step 5 by putting margine or butter in the skillet to melt)

Step 5: Dredge the chicken first in the egg/lemon mixture and then in the dry ingredients and coat well.

Step 6: In the skillet brown the chicken in the margerine or butter.

Step 7: In the microwave boil water and chicken bouillion cubes. Once the chicken is browned mix chicken stock and remaining lemon juice and cappers into the skillet. Add a few lemon slices. (Save some to garnish at the end)

Step 8: Cover and let simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.

Step 9: Start pasta. Angel hair pasta takes rougly 5-7 minutes to cook.

Step 10: Place pasta in a serving plater and dress lightly with olive oil. Place chicken on top and pour remaining liquid from the skillet over the chicken and pasta. Garnish as desired with lemon slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment