Social Icons

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Task 30 – WooDaddy Waffles (Worcester, MA)

Restaurant: WooDaddy Waffles
Location:     897 Main Street
                     Worcester, MA 01610
                     (520) 561-3424
Website:      woodaddywaffles.com
Rating:        5-stars

This morning I woke up craving a waffle. I decided to head over to IHOP since I have had them there before and enjoyed them.  Unfortunately the line was way too long and I wasn’t willing to wait so I hopped on Yelp and searched for restaurants that have Waffles. WooDaddy Waffles appeared with 4.5 out of 5 starts as a Yelp rating and decided I would give it a try.

For those interested you won’t have an easy time finding it. It is actually in Moynihan’s Pub on Saturday and Sunday Morning’s. We arrived at 11:00 and found that it was also a fundraising day for VegWorcester. Proceeds from the day’s sales would go to support VegWorcester VegFest. The menu was an eclectic mix of sweet and savory waffle offerings. Everything from chocolate chip or coconut rice waffles to waffles rancheros’ and a curried lentil waffle. They also had an option to have gluten free waffles instead for a $2 up charge.
 
I picked the standard chocolate chip waffle w/ fruit and vegan whipped cream. The waffle was chocolate chip with chocolate sauce drizzled on top and it was excellent. I could definitely taste a small difference but it was not noticeable that it was a vegan creation. They also provided us with soy butter rather than traditional butter and the vegan whipped cream definitely had a unique flavor. The strawberries and banana’s on the side were fresh and added a little bit of normalcy to the unique and tasty breakfast meal I was having.

I am excited to try WooDaddy again when it isn’t a vegan menu but I was definitely left satisfied and happy with my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment