Social Icons

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Task 30 – Lakeside Bar & Grille (Worcester, MA)

(30) Eat in 10 New Restaurants (26/20)

Restaurant: Lakeside Bar & Grille

Website:      lakesidebar-grille.com

Rating:         4-stars

I have heard from several people that Lakeside Bar & Grille was pretty good and decided to check it out. I would categorize this as one of those hidden little gems. I knew where it was because it had previously been a Quizno's and I am often in the same plaza at the Petco or Trader Joes.

It has a bar like atmosphere with high top tables and is dark and intimate.  The menu is primarily burgers, sandwiches and the usual pub style food but on the back you can  find full entrée style food.

I picked Veal Picatta with linguine. Veal is one of those things you either get perfect or it's a waste of good meat. I can say they scored with their version. The sautéed veal was tender and melted in my mouth. The garlic lemon sauce was just right and the capers add just the right amount of saltiness to finish the dish of perfectly.
My dining partner had Pam's Favorite with Chicken over linguine. I am not a fan of banana peppers personally but it smelled and looked delicious.  Like the veal picatta the portion was generous and he devoured the whole meal and he usually leaves a little behind.
I can't wait to return and try something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment