Social Icons

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Task 30 - Big Fresh Café, Framingham, MA

(30) Eat in 10 New Restaurants (9/20)

Restaurant: Big Fresh Café
 
Rating: 4-Stars
Starving and tired of the chain restaurants Dan and I decided to go to Big Fresh Café. Dan has been here before and had spoken highly about the food but I had never been. Given that I am in the middle of my second attempt at p90x. I wanted something healthy and this place delivered. The Big Fresh concept is eating organic food made fresh with an emphasis on buying from local farms.The menu is a mix of Asian and Middle Eastern, and while that may seem an odd combination it works and tastes great!
We both choose the Mediterranean Chicken Plate $9.25 which included Chicken tossed with a Moroccan tagine sauce, and was served with hummus, tahini, homemade picalilli, spicy harif & pitabread. The chicken was sliced thin to shorten the cook time and sautéed in a skillet with the sauce. The hummus was exceptional and clearly made fresh and served as a bowl for the tahini. The homemade piccalilli was very good but I am not a hugh fan of anything pickled. The spicy harif lived up to its name. Just a little bit lit my mouth on fire. It was a nice burn and definitely added a jolt to an already tasty meal.
There was no soda but they had a fresh selection of gourmet tea and a great selection of bottled juice drinks to choose from. I will definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment