Social Icons

Friday, May 16, 2014

Lemon's, Lime's & Orange's

I had been thinking about getting a lemon tree for a while but never bought one because I was concerned that for the roughly $150 bucks was a lot to pay for a decent sized one online and also they are shipping concerns during the winter months that it might not make it. Since it was the late fall that I was thinking about it I opted to pass and forgot all about it.

While in Orlando checking out a gift shop I noticed that they were selling small lemon, lime and orange trees. There were very small for the $7 bucks each I decided I would pick up one of each and see how they would do. It took some effort to get them home in once piece without crushing them but they made it unscathed.

I planted them per their instructions and made sure to use soil specifically designed for citrus trees. I will keep you updated on how it goes and if I can manage to pollinate them myself and get them to bare fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment