Social Icons

Friday, February 3, 2012

Task 30 – Rosalina's Kitchen (Worcester, MA)

(30) Eat in 10 New Restaurants (25/20)

Restaurant: Rosalina's Kitchen

Rating:         5-stars

My friend Chris and I were starving but tired of the same ole places and we really wanted to try something new. We decided on Rosalina’s Kitchen after several recommendations by friends. We had never tried it because it is on the other side of the city from where we both live and there isn’t really any reason to go to Grafton Hill.
 
When we arrived a group was just leaving and as they passed us I overheard them talking about how good the food was. The entryway has one of those entrance curtains which many of you know I am not a fan. Good news is rather then feeling like I walked right into a dirty dingy rag all I could smell was the scent of fresh home cooked Italian goodness. The place was packed with only 1 table available and almost immediately there was another group behind us.
 
We were seated promptly by the host and told our waitress would be with us shortly. I took the opportunity to start looking over the menu and immediately I saw three or four things that sounded delicious. The host returned with some homemade seasoned focaccia and when I asked for her opinion on a dinner selection she recommended the Ricotta Puff’s.
The Ricotta Puff’s at $16.95 are described as “An exquisite entrée served exclusively at Rosalina’s Kitchen. Fried, savory ricotta puffs on eggplant served on top of a light broth of diced tomatoes, fresh basil and gemelli pasta.”
 
Let me just tell you that the description doesn’t do this entrée justice. The savory ricotta puffs with their lightly fried shell melt in your mouth. The eggplant was as tender and tasty as any I have ever had and it to melts in my mouth. The light broth/sauce was a burst of flavor. You could taste the fresh garlic and basil and it was balanced perfectly by the gemelli pasta. It was the perfect size and I left satisfied but not over stuffed.
 
I passed on the deserts as I will admit I couldn’t have eaten another bite but they sounded and looked as delicious as my meal was. I will definitely be back for more.






No comments:

Post a Comment